Effective from August 1, 2018
1. General information
Abelium d.o.o., a private limited company located at Leskoškova cesta 9E, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, and registered in the Slovenian Business Register with identification number 3557952000 and tax number 65141326, is the data controller responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) as well as any applicable national laws.
2. What personal data we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, directly or indirectly.
We may collect and process these types of personal data about you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Analytical cookies
3. How is your data collected
You must enter your email address, name and affiliation when signing up for an account on our website. You may also optionally enter your address or phone number, which are not mandatory. Registering an account is completely voluntary and free of charge. By signing up you are granted ability to add comments to collections and to edit descriptions of graphs.
Analytical cookies are set and read automatically by browsing our website.
4. How we use your data
We may use your personal data to contact you in cases you publish content that
- Seems to be incorrect;
- Is obscene, fraudulent, indecent, or libellous or that defames, abuses, harasses, discriminates against or threatens others;
- Infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party;
- Violates the rights of other users of the site; or
- Violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or otherwise advocates or encourages any illegal activity.
You name will also be seen publicly besides your comments of collections.
Cookies (also called HTTP cookies, web cookies, or browser cookies) are a term for a packet of data that a computer receives and then sends back without changing or altering it. When you visit a website, the website sends the cookie to your computer which stores it in a file located inside your web browser. Cookies can be set by a website other than the one you are currently on (so-called third-party cookies). For example, a web page might have a Facebook like button which will set a cookie that can be read by Facebook.
Compulsory cookies are those that a website needs for proper operation. These are, for example, cookies that take care of sessions of logged in users. Analytical cookies are used to know where our visitors are staying, which of the content is most visited, and from where they visited our site. With the help of cookies, we can also know if you visited for the first time, or if you are our regular visitor.
Below, we provide description of the cookies we use, their issuer, purpose of use, and their duration on your computer. All data from analytical cookies is managed in Google Analytics and is only for our personal use.
|Cookie name||Set by||Purpose of use||Duration of use|
|__utma||atlas.gregas.eu||Used to distinguish users and sessions.||2 years|
|__utmb||atlas.gregas.eu||Used to determine new sessions/visits.||30 minutes|
|__utmc||atlas.gregas.eu||Not used. Set for interoperability.||current session|
|__utmt||atlas.gregas.eu||Used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
|__utmz||atlas.gregas.eu||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.||6 months|
|_atlas_session||atlas.gregas.eu||session cookie||current session|
Where we collect personal data by asking for your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
5. How we store and secure your data
Your personal data is collected and processed in compliance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council. It is primarily stored and processed inside the European Economic Area (EEA), but may be transferred outside the EEA, in which cases it is protected under the EU-US Privacy Shield or by signed standard contractual clauses. In these cases, we ensure that we and our partners take adequate and appropriate technical, physical, and organizational security measures to protect your data.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. The personal data we collect about you can also be removed on your request or directly by yourself (e.g. by cancelling your account).
6. To whom we disclose your data
For achieving the purposes of use set out in Section 4, we may share your personal data with data processors listed below:
- Google LLC for its analytics service.
We may also share your personal data with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities when:
- Compelled by subpoena, court order, or other valid legal procedure;
- We believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- Disclosure is necessary to report suspected illegal activity;
The website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins, channels or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party services and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. When leaving our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website or application you visit.
7. What rights you have regarding your data
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- You have the right to request that we provide you access to your personal data held by us.
- You have the right to request correction of any personal data we hold on you that is inaccurate, incorrect, or out of date.
- You have the right to request deletion of your data when it is no longer necessary, or no longer subject to legal obligations to which we are subject to.
- You have the right to request that we cease processing some of your personal data, such as personal data processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (for example, while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, or we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
- You have the right to request an export of your personal data.
- Where you have provided your consent to our processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
Requests are generally free of charge and we try to respond to all legitimate requests as soon as possible. However, we may take more time and/or charge a fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may also need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your contract with us.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by us at any time with the relevant supervisory authority. In Slovenia, the relevant data protection authority is the Information Commissioner (https://www.ip-rs.si/en/). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the authorities, so please contact us by using any of the means stated below.